Saturday, April 6, 2013

Reasons Why:

10 REASONS WHY I'M RIDICULOUSLY ATTRACTIVE


Once in a while I go through these phases where I feel as if everyone around me is in a
 relationship. Though this isn't true, I start to see couples everywhere I go and become thoroughly annoyed. "Why am I not in a relationship?" I ask myself, although I already know the answer. I'm just too gosh darn attractive for most of the guys I encounter. I know that they must be intimidated by all of the awesomeness I possess and I don't blame them... I would be scared of me too. It's sometimes really difficult to be this amazing. So today, I've compiled a list of my best attributes in order to help you to fully understand just how great I am. Feel free to comment with any additions to the list! After learning all these wonderful facts about me, I'm hoping you will feel more comfortable to approach me and be my friend :P

1. Despite my inability to successfully imitate any accent aside from British, I am really, REALLY good at performing impressions of certain movie characters. One of these characters happens to be the always entertaining and forever beautiful Smeagol! Ever since I read the Hobbit in high school, I couldn't help but be terrified but intrigued by his tortured soul. Seriously, it's quite attractive when I bust out in his voice, crouching close the the floor and coveting the nearest ring. When I utter the words, "My Precious..," I'm sure you will break into a fit of passion.


Look at those doe-eyes.

2. Another ladylike and dainty quality that I possess happens to deal with my favorite subject. FOOD! I am pretty positive that I could hold my own in a competitive eating contest. My only stipulation would be that whatever I am eating must taste delicious. I will pretty much give anything new a try as well. Maybe I should create my own Food Network show where I get paid to try and beat food eating contests. Emotional Eater VS. Food.... I could see it happening. And unlike Adam from Man VS. Food, I would NOT lose. I never lose against food.  

I really just love me some food.
 
3. I can dance really, REALLY well. I am about as successful at dancing as a turtle trying to change his name to copy some influential Italian painter from back in the day and becoming a superhero. (In my experience, I don't think that happens very often). My signature dance moves include the Lawnmower, the Night at the Roxbury head bob and of course, the Q-Tip (made famous by the movie Hitch). I also enjoy interpretive dance from time to time. As a friend recently told me, it's quite simple since the basic formula for a successful interpretive dance  is "creating something and then cowering from it". I thought that was spot on and truly explains the sacred art form.

Don't stop believing and never quit dancing!

4. I am really brave in a rash, silly sort of way. I definitely can stand up for myself or be really confident at times but I usually don't plan out how I'm going to react or what I will say. I just kinda go for it if I'm going to talk to someone. Usually, this results in me saying something embarrassing or rambling on and on. Or I end up making a weird face that creeps out everyone in the room, including myself. For many of my bold moments, the latter is the most common occurrence. Along with these faces, weird noises escape me and I have no idea where they come from. It's quite the experience for myself to see how people react to these things. My bravery usually comes in bursts which run out when I need them most and then I just revert back to shy self and feel silly for hours. It's so awesome. 


I'm adorkable.

5. Although the last year has been somewhat tough for me, I always try to look on the bright side of life. In fact, once I do find the slightest bit of positivity, I latch onto this attitude like there is no tomorrow. I become a tad crazy and start complimenting the crap out of the people around me. After leaving all of my really close friends back home and moving out on my own, I don't really hang out with people regularly. When people ARE around, I get so happy and hyper that I have been known to knock over furniture and get really weird. (Though I still swear I cannot recall how that table ended up on the floor, Jessica!)

 Smiling is pretty dang great.

6. Many people are super jealous of my fashion sense. Not many people can pull off sweats and an Avengers T-shirt for any occasion. Usually that type of outfit is strictly for lazy days at home when people will not see you yet I am bold. I take risks. I make statements and I do not follow the crowd. I wear what I want and I make it look really, really ridiculously good looking. I enjoy bargain hunting and shopping at Ross: Dress for Less. Who needs top designers when you can get clothing from Wal-Mart for cheap and then spend the rest of your money on more important things (like the ingredients for cookies!). It is true that I thoroughly enjoy dresses and lookin' girly but until I have a lot more money to spend, my dresses will be on short supply. For now it'll be jeans and t-shirts with the occasional appearance of formal wear for SAI meetings or dates. Even then, you have to be pretty freakin' important for me to wear something nice when I hang out with you.


Blue steel is my signature move but you better watch out for Magnum!

7. You know that thing called maturity? Well... I seem to have stolen all of it from the human race. I'm pretty positive that I am as mature as Shawn Spencer from Psych and he's pretty dang mature. Yeah, I don't like childish things such as Saturday morning cartoons nor do I quote random movies at the most inconvenient times. I do not get really intense about nerf guns, I don't talk to my friends using a lisp and childish lingo and I would much rather sit inside a coffee shop with my hipster glasses than cook delicious snacks in my easy bake oven. I mean, an easy bake oven. I DO NOT OWN AN EASY BAKE OVEN. I own a real oven that cooks real life sized cakes and cookies. But it's also boring and black and does not come with stickers for decoration. :( I also hate everything that is beautiful and wonderful and hilariously fun and just plain great. 'CUZ I'M AN ADULT.



8. Much like a Disney princess, I sing whenever my heart desires. Which is all the time. I guess because I am a music major, this is sort of expected but let's be honest... I've been this way since birth. I cannot go three minutes without some tune popping into my head. And even when I thought that my voice was shot and I had nodes... I still was singing. I just couldn't stop. It's an addiction. A scary amazing and certainly very fun addiction.

Aca-Believe it!

9. I also cry all the time.


 

 
10. And last but certainly not least.... One of the best reasons for why I'm so attractive: I'M A GIRL. I can wear dresses, put flowers in my hair and I am not expected to lift heavy things EVER. I am not judged if I cry in public (at least not too harshly) and I could be a stay at home mom if I wanted to. BUT I don't. So I can go get a job. And be awesome. Although if I was anymore awesome, the world would probably explode. I'm not sure if I want to risk your safety like that! That would just be unkind of me and as you all may know, that's totally not like me. I'm definitely humble and kind. ;)


 I hope that you have enjoyed reading all about the attributes that make me awesome. I know I sure enjoyed writing about them. But on a more serious note... All of you out there, LOVE yourself. All your quirks, all your fears, everything that you can't do right. EMBRACE those qualities because they are the things that make you unique in this world. Even if you may not think that your awkwardness is cute, believe me, the people that are meant to be in your life and be your friend will love you for it. I have had to learn that over and over again during my life. I am so grateful for all of those people and for you, who is taking the time to read my blog. It's truly a blessing :) I hope that you have an AMAZING day and remember to give yourself some love today. You deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered you do this. #aca-awesome!

    <3 you, Haley

    ReplyDelete