Friday, April 26, 2013

Courage

 COURAGE IS FEAR THAT HAS SAID ITS PRAYERS

I tried being brave today, but unfortunately, it didn't get my anywhere. I stepped out of my comfort zone and spoke with an adorable guy whom I believed to be kind and understanding. Boy, was I wrong. Although he wasn't rude, he wasn't exactly what you'd call nice. He was fine talking with me about homework and was glad that I had some answers to his questions, but as soon as another girl walked in, it was as if I had never existed. I probably couldn't have felt more awesome and worth something at that moment. My confidence dwindled along with my positive attitude. I was already exhausted due to a late evening working on my CH paper, so it was easy for my mood to descend to the depressing depths.

Okay, okay... that sounded really dramatic. More dramatic than it needed to be, at least. I could actually care less about what this kid thought about me, now that I've been stewing over this for the past few hours. I think the disappointment resulted more from the fact that I had created such a polite image of him in my head, and he wrecked it. Sure, maybe he was having an off day, or didn't even realize his rudeness towards me. Or perhaps it was all a misunderstanding in my mind. I tend to go off the deep end when these situations occur. I over analyze every little detail and end up interpreting them completely wrong. Although this could be the case, I still can't fight off all of the disappointment.

I just want to be brave. I want to be able to talk to some guy that I may find attractive and have him like me back. I am freakin' adorable. Sure, sure... I may not try my hardest to look picture perfect every day but at least I don't use make up to basically lie about my appearance. I am honest, fun to be around, and hilarious. When this kid didn't even give me the time of day, especially after I gave him a compliment, I was a little peeved, to say the least. What gives him the right to just blow me off like that? Honestly, although this might sound cliche, it's definitely his loss. I tried to be nice and he just wasn't having it... I can take my nice words elsewhere and I know that they will be appreciated. There are so many people out there just waiting for a compliment to brighten their days.

As I'm writing about this, though it may not be a very interesting blog post, I have come to realize something. Life is too short to be scared of things. If you never try to talk to someone or try new things, you will never know if something good will come out of it. Sure, there are consequences to every action but are you really living if you keep saying 'No' to everything. I want to be a yes man. :P If you want to talk to someone cute, just do it. If they happen to turn you down, there are plenty of other people who would gladly accept your attention and love you right back. If you are scared to do something that you normally do not do, you just have to remember that if you never try, you'll never know what you could be missing. This activity could be your natural talent... it could be the thing that brings you the most joy out of life. Who knows!?

Let's all be a little braver in our lives. Let's live life to the fullest and make every day count!!
<3

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring. It was definitely his loss. You're such a wonderful person in so many ways, and any guy who doesn't see that is missing out.

    ReplyDelete