Thursday, April 11, 2013

Empowerment

SO EMPOWERED RIGHT NOW. 
 

Praise the Lord, Jesus! It finally seems as if things are looking up in this world! :) The past day and a half have been so surprisingly wonderful that I can hardly believe it. But... I'm choosing to believe it and I will accept the awesomeness and not let this beautiful feeling go away. EVER!! Instead of riding on the verge of depressing, I would much rather be super, crazy, busy and do the many things that I love with a happy heart. To be honest, I do not think I could handle that funk I was in for much longer. It was getting too stuffy and quite frankly, a bit stinky. Now I can finally get on with my life, thanks to this new found motivation and sense of empowerment.

I know what you're wondering. What on Earth happened to make you so happy and so empowered? Well, a couple of things went delightfully well, actually! First off, last night I was elected into an executive position in my music fraternity (and yes you read that right -- Fraternity!). It was the position I had been vying for since last semester so finally achieving the goal of being elected was freakin' amazing! Then another smaller, yet still important, thing happened today in Sight Singing class. If you don't know what that is... basically we learn how to look at a piece of music and hear the correct notes in our heads. We then have to sing the right notes, without being sharp or flat, in front of the whole class and teacher for our semester test. I have been putting this test off since the first day we began taking it. I even pretended to be sick (And Dr. Ehrke, if you are reading this... I'm sorry. I was scared). Today was the last day to take the test and although there weren't many people in class, it is still nerve wracking. Yet, when it was my turn to belt it out, I ended up doing a lot better than I thought and nearly nailed down those musical phrases. 

HECK YES!!

I know that to many people these small successes wouldn't be of much importance. Yet to me, right now in the midst of all the craziness, it just makes me so happy that I was able to pass. ESPECIALLY with a good grade! And to be able to serve my fraternity as an elected official makes me BEYOND excited for next year. Yet, also at the same time I am very scared that I will mess up... but I know everything will be okay because I have my Sisters watching out for me. I am so thankful for the opportunities I am receiving and I just pray that I can make the most out of them. God has certainly blessed my life and I can't help but be so grateful. I've got to keep working and make sure to never back down!

 Now, I hope that things continue in this upward motion... Otherwise, the Hulk might need to go on a little rampage.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm glad that you got the position, because you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small successes are very important, as they are the stepping stones to bigger successes. Everything will continue to look up for you as long as you stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree!! And I am very thankful to have your encouragement in my life. It has made this whole year a lot better... just so you know! :)

      Delete