Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bad poetry

BAD POETRY
 
Ah.... Dead Poet's Society. What Robin Williams' character says here is true, yet in my case, my words aren't world-changing ones. My words can make you laugh and brighten up your day, but I doubt that they will change the world. They are petty and about things that don't matter. But still awesome. :P I am hoping to make this a series, however, it may get pretty annoying since I'm terrible at writing poetry. I hope you guys enjoy sub-par writing, because that is what this post is all about. Let me know how you feel about this! 
 
P.S. The last two writings are from a week ago when I was in Portland. Katie and I went to a little writing get together before a Poetry slam. It was legit :)
 
Limmericks are fun when you write them about life situations.
In my life, I get quite confused,
‘Specially when I have been used
By boys, who are dumb,
They make me so glum.
By their actions, I am not so amused


The One About Oatmeal
(I have no idea if this can even be considered as poetry. It doesn't rhyme, and the meter is all over the place. Oh well, I love oatmeal. And I like this... uh, poem thing, no matter what!)

Oatmeal
Uninteresting blobs of discolored oats
I like it
I love it
I want some more of it
But only if it’s maple brown sugar
I’m a habitual creature
As any human should be
I cannot go a day
Without eating bland oatmeal
It makes me feel in control
It makes for a healthy snack
I feel like a martyr for sacrificing flavor like that
Oatmeal
Who came up with the stuff?
Was it the Quakers?
Were they against flavor?
Why am I addicted?
Why don’t I stray?
Why, oh why don’t I break the hold
the scary guy on the box has on me?
I’d rather enjoy adventure.
Have I become a robot?
Am I old?
Do only old people enjoy oatmeal?

Horoscope
This month will be a series of heartbreak for you, Scorpio, but by now you probably shouldn’t be surprised. As a Scorpio, you tend to wear your heart on your sleeve and tell your life story to anyone and everyone who will listen. This type of behavior sabotages any real, lasting friendships you could possibly have, because most people would rather not deal with your drama. At least, they don’t want to deal with it upon their first encounter with you.

Be wary Scorpio. You can avoid this. You can make friends. Reveal your craziness in little bite sized pieces and they will be trapped for life.

1 comment:

  1. I like your writing, you shouldn't think that it's sub-par. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete